Joann Whitmore, LCSW
Verified clinicians have had their licenses confirmed by our staff at the time they create their profile. We also require all verified therapists keep their licensing information up to date in order to maintain verified status.
This therapist holds one or more specialty certifications, you can review their certification within the professional certifications section on their profile.
I am an experienced psychotherapist who specializes in anxiety, parenting, and childhood/adolescent disorders.
I offer in person (Kinnelon, NJ) or virtual sessions. I am trained in cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy, behavior therapy and parenting skills. I believe in meeting the client where they need to be met and utilizing a variety of therapeutic modalities to meet their needs.
Specialties & Clinical Interests
- Anger Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Body Image
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Developmental & Intellectual Disorders
- Divorce & Separation
- Grief & Loss
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional/Defiant Behavior
- Parenting & Parent-Child Relationships
- Stress/Stress Management
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Client-Centered Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Play Therapy & Sandtray
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- People With Disabilities