Paula Cheney, LPC
Verified clinicians have had their licenses confirmed by our staff at the time they create their profile. We also require all verified therapists keep their licensing information up to date in order to maintain verified status.
Send your prospective therapist a brief message about why you’re seeking support, your preference for in-person or telehealth services, and how you’d like to be contacted moving forward. Note: Answers to many common questions can be found on the therapist’s profile page. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital.
I am a licensed professional counselor in Mississippi and Texas. I am dedciated to working with my clients to improve their emotional and mental health.
Hello, my name is Paula Cheney. I specialize in many areas of emotional/mental health including anxiety, depression, and trauma. I am certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), trained in Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), have a certification in Telehealth and am a National Certified Counselor. I welcome clients of all ages.
Specialties & Clinical Interests
- Anger Issues
- Bipolar & Other Mood Disorders
- Body Image
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Divorce & Separation
- Domestic Abuse/Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Gender Identity
- Grief & Loss
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional/Defiant Behavior
- Parenting & Parent-Child Relationships
- Personality Disorders
- Phobias & Fears
- Pre-Marital & Marital Issues
- School Performance
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Identity
- Stress/Stress Management
- Trauma & Ptsd
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Acceptance And Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Faith Based Specialties