Carolyn Toenniges, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Verified clinicians have had their licenses confirmed by our staff at the time they create their profile. We also require all verified therapists keep their licensing information up to date in order to maintain verified status.
Send your prospective therapist a brief message about why you’re seeking support, your preference for in-person or telehealth services, and how you’d like to be contacted moving forward. Note: Answers to many common questions can be found on the therapist’s profile page. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital.
Do you having periods of feeling down, not liking yourself, or being worried? Carolyn can help you understand why things have been so difficult for you.
Call her today for a free 15 minute consultation.
• Carolyn believes that every person who walks into her office is a unique individual.
• Throughout the therapy process, she makes sure to get to know the entire client: their strengths, their hopes, and their struggles.
• She helps each individual explore their symptoms, find appropriate ways to decrease their symptoms and helps the client live a happier, more productive life.
• She provides services to adults, children and adolescents.
Carolyn is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Carolyn specializes in Adult Therapy treating the symptoms of depression, anxiety, poor self-esteem, relationship problems, and domestic violence. She works with clients who are experiencing PTSD –flashbacks, panic attacks, nightmares, anger, or easily startled. She helps them recover from the effects of trauma.
Additionally, Carolyn specializes in Family therapy and Parenting issues. She helps Parents learn more effective ways to interact with their child. She sees Children and Adolescents with issues such as depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, anger, and school problems. She helps clients figure out if they have ADHD and ways to address those symptoms.
Specialties & Clinical Interests
- Adoption & Fostering
- Anger Issues
- Binge Eating
- Bipolar & Other Mood Disorders
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Criminal Justice Involvement
- Divorce & Separation
- Domestic Abuse/Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Grief & Loss
- Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs)
- Internet/Social Media Addiction
- Law Enforcement/First Responders
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Coaching
- Mental Health Professionals
- Obesity & Weight Management
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional/Defiant Behavior
- Parenting & Parent-Child Relationships
- Pet Loss
- Phobias & Fears
- School Performance
- Sexual Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress/Stress Management
- Substance Use Disorders
- Suicide Loss
- Trauma & Ptsd
- Women's Issues
- Client-Centered Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Health At Every Size (HAES)
- People With Disabilities
- Single Parents
- Trauma Survivors
Faith Based Specialties